The Gruyere Gold Mine is a 50 / 50 Joint Venture between Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields Australia. The mine is located 200km east of Laverton in the Western Australian goldfields. The Gruyere Gold Mine was discovered by Gold Road Resources in October 2013. After completing feasibility studies Gold Road Resources announced in November 2016 the 50% sale of the Project to Gold Fields Ltd.
Under the JV Gold Fields manages the development of Gruyere and the operation of the mine. Gold Road retains responsibility for exploration of JV tenements.
Workplace Culture (IR) services
IMS provided Industrial Relations consulting services to Gold Road Resources during Feasibility Study Phase. Prepare Project IR Strategy for inclusion in FS Report. Development of IR Management Plan and support documents for managing IR risks. Benchmarking core project construction employment conditions (labour wage rate benchmarks / R&R cycles / working hours). Prepare HR / IR specifications for tendering and perform contractor tender reviews.
During the construction phase IMS provided Industrial Relations consulting services to the Gruyere JV Project Management Team including attendance at regular Project meetings, provision of advice for management of issues, regular review of Project IR risks and updates on current construction industry issues with potential to impact the project.
Key Project Statistics
- Project cost – $621 million
- Peak construction workforce 600 Construction commenced early 2017
- 648 room Gruyere Village Development of borefields Airstrip, main access road, Stage 1 Pit and Tailings Storage Facility 198 km Yamarna Gas Pipeline 45 MW Guyere powerhouse Process plant and associated infrastructure
- Mining commenced November 2018 with first ore mined January 2019
- First gold delivered June 2019
- 12 year mine life averaging 300,000 oz per annum