- Alcoa Kwinana Refinery, Western Australia
- Short term contract (with possible extension)
- Immediate Start – 8 Hr Days Mon – Fri
Alcoa of Australia are a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS has a long-standing relationship with Alcoa, having provided technical services for the last 10 years. Our teams are embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia.
IMS has a requirement for experienced Structural Engineer for short term contract to complete structural inspection and integrity report for all structural and civil structures across the Kwinana Refinery site. The initial contract may be extended depending on the work scope findings and ongoing needs of the business unit.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct structural integrity inspections to determine the need for modification or repair for structural strengthening
- Inspecting all structural and civil structures including tanks, floors, steel work, ladderways, and conveyors
- Liaise with site contractors and major maintenance teams to plan inspections, site access and to understand existing planned maintenance
- Propose innovative solutions to meet and exceed the Client’s objectives and expectations
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments to plan remedial works (if required)
Skills & Experience
In order to excel in this position, the following attributes are required:
- Structural or Civil Engineering degree
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in a similar position with experience in identifying and qualifying Structural and Civil defects
- Substantial experience in investigation, recording, reporting and documentation capabilities
- Experience in planning and executing defect elimination strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous Alcoa experience is desirable or experience in an Alumina or Heavy Industry
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
How to Apply
To join the IMS Team, please click the “Apply” button.
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.