- Alcoa Refinery Locations, Western Australia
- Flexibility required for short term Shutdown Works
- Register Expression of Interest
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading company with a strong track record servicing companies both in Australia and internationally. IMS provides Contractor Management, Project Services and resources to its Client, Alcoa of Australia Ltd, at each of its Refinery locations in the southern corridor from Perth.
IMS has an ongoing requirement for experienced Shutdown Coordinators who have substantial experience in management and supervision of contractors for shutdown activities in brown fields process environment. The Shutdown Co-ordinator is involved in the supervision and co-ordination of Contractor(s) working groups in the execution of the Scope of Works required by nominated Operational Centres, and where required, provides support to the Alcoa Confined Space Entry Program as CSE Entry Leader during planned shutdowns including Alcoa Responsible Person responsibilities and safety contacts.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Shutdown Coordinator represents Alcoa and is responsible for the following activities:
- Daily supervision and Coordination of multiple contractor working groups in the execution of the Scope of Works;
- Ensure Contractors follow / meet the requirements of the Alcoa standard and legislative requirements applicable to their works;
- Participate in shutdown planning and scheduling, including achievement of pre-start milestones;
- Act as the interface between Contractors and Alcoa Operational and Maintenance Teams;
- Acts as the Alcoa Responsible Person (ARP) in accordance with the Alcoa EHS policy and procedures, and ensures the works they are responsible for are performed in compliance with the Authority to Proceed process;
- Compliance management of contractors in Alcoa EH&S standards, procedures and workplace behaviours;
- Undertake inspections to ensure all works are being completed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications;
- Ensure the significant changes in scope during shutdown are immediately highlighted and addressed with all parties concerned;
- Ensure that Contractors / contracted service providers shutdown progress is monitored against the agreed schedule and performance metrics;
- Ensure all parties concerned understand tagging and isolation requirements;
- Participates in commissioning teams as required;
- Inspect and report on installations and alterations of work to ensure that approved materials are used and the quality of the workmanship;
- Ensure all entry conditions are acceptable at a confined space for authorising entry, for overseeing entry operations and for terminating entry if required in accordance with Alcoa Confined Space Entry procedure;
- Maybe required to act as Confined Space Entry Leader subject to completion of required Alcoa CSE training and verification of competency.
Skills & Experience
In order to thrive in this position, the following attributes are required:
Substantial experience in the management and supervision of contractor shutdown activities in brownfields process environment is essential;
- Strong planning and risk assessment skills;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing confined spaces;
- Safety verification and compliance;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- National Qualification RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces is essential for ability to undertake CSE Entry Leader and other Alcoa specific training;
- Flexibility to work for Day/Night Shifts across the Kwinana, Pinjarra and Wagerup Refineries is preferable;
- Applicable Trade Certificate or Technical Training.
How to Apply
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.
To join the IMS Shutdown Team, please click the “Apply” button.