A fantastic opportunity to join Kufpec, a global Oil and Gas asset owner who operates in 13 countries, across 5 continents.
We are seeking a Senior Geophysicist to join the Geosciences Team in its Perth office. Reporting to the Manager Geoscience, the incumbent will join a small dedicated and highly motivated team that is responsible for oversight of geotechnical and subsurface activities for KUFPEC Australia’s exploration, development and production assets.
Assigned primarily to KUFPEC Australia’s Julimar and Wheatstone upstream production assets, the Senior Geophysicist role is expected to perform the following key duties in support of ongoing exploration, appraisal, production and development activities:
- Undertake 3D and 4D seismic interpretation and mapping.
- Propose and undertake Quantitative Interpretation (QI) studies for reservoir and hydrocarbon pool characterization for updating of geological static and reservoir simulation models and in support of operational decisions.
- Recommend, undertake and evaluate geophysical studies, including AVO, inversion, QI or any special studies/projects to be undertaken either by Operator, in-house or with third-party on KUFPEC’s assets.
The candidate is expected to fully conversant with:
- Advanced seismic interpretational techniques.
- AVO, inversion and QI evaluation techniques.
- Velocity modelling and depth conversion.
- 4D baseline and monitor interpretation. Familiarity with 4D survey acquisition and processing would be viewed favourably.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum academic qualifications of a Bachelor of Science (Geophysics) degree from a recognised institution.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience within a similar position. Exploration geoscience and New Venture evaluations experience viewed favourably.
- Experience working with multinational IOC and NOC’s.
- Familiarity with Petrel, IHS Kingdom, DUG Insight and Petrosys software.