- Wagerup and Pinjarra Alumina Refinery locations in Western Australia
- Major Project role
- Fixed term – 18 to 22 months
- Be part of a new phase of Alcoa growth projects.
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading company with a strong track record servicing companies both in Australia and internationally. IMS provides Contractor Management, Project Services and resources to its Client, Alcoa of Australia Ltd, at each of its Alumina Refinery locations in the southern corridor from Perth.
The role supports both the Alcoa Wagerup and Pinjarra Growth Projects with the aim of developing and delivering a consistent process across both projects.
Provides guidance and support to each site Project Manager to enable the project team meet the Alcoa business requirements of engaging and managing contractors on Alcoa sites.
The position reports directly to the respective Project Managers but is also accountable to the Alcoa WA Contractor Services Manager for the delivery of functional and safety requirements of Contractor Management processes and procedures.
The role will initially spend time at Alcoa Booragoon office during the project planning phase. During the project execution phase the role will predominantly be site based at both Wagerup and Pinjarra.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Consult with the project team on proposed contractor services engagement strategies.
- Identify with site Contractor Services teams site requirements to deliver the strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance to the project team including identifying solutions that achieve site/business objectives in term of people/equipment safety during project delivery.
- Develop performance and safety metrics and other key requirements clauses relating to contractor activities for incorporation into individual contract packages.
- Review and assessment of potential contractors.
- Development of strategic contractor management plans to support the project requirements whilst meeting the needs of the Alcoa business processes.
- Provide review and quality control of key documents and processes being completed by Contractors and Alcoa Project teams.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Alcoa Project Manager and EHS teams on Alcoa standards and risk management processes including risk assessments, methods of work, training and auditing requirements.
- Conducting audits of both Contractors and project management teams during project execution.
- Ensuring alignment and standardisation of processes and procedures across both the Wagerup and Pinjarra projects.
- Development of plans, documents and presentations to support the required processes.
- Monitoring and interpretation of Contractor performance metrics.
Skills & Experience
Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered
- Senior Project Management
- Safety Management
- Compliance verification and auditing
- Leading teams and driving change
- Strategic thinking with strong productivity & outcomes focus
- Stakeholder engagement
To be successful in the role candidates will need to demonstrate skills in:
- Technical writing skills in developing documents
- Facilitation and coordinator workshops
- Ability to influence peers and working groups
- Problem-solving capabilities with a strong focus on practical/contextual outcomes
- Strong computer, reporting and communication skills
- Attitudinal – Proactive, self -managing and positive
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? Please click the “Apply” button.
To discuss the position, please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888.