- Wagerup Refinery Location
- December 2020 Commencement
- Ongoing Requirement
IMS provides Contractor Management, Project Services and resources to its Client, Alcoa of Australia Ltd, at each of its Alumina Refinery locations in the southern corridor from Perth.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Contractor Coordinator (Mechanical) to join the Contractor Services team at the Alcoa Wagerup Refinery for the supervision and management of contractors involved in executing mechanical and other scopes of work for maintenance and capital works at the Refinery.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities include the co-ordination of inspections to ensure mechanical installations and maintenance services and capital work is performed according to approved plans and specifications; inspect and report on installations and alterations of work to assure that approved materials are used and the quality of workmanship; directs and verifies corrections on items that are not in compliance; observes and validates tests of installations, equipment, and materials; ensures the Contractor(s) have all the necessary permits approved and in place to allow onsite work to proceed in accordance with Authority to Proceed documentation; co-ordinates the worksite access between Contractor(s) and operations and manages interface issues.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Fitter/Boilermaker/Welder)
- Cert IV in Frontline Management or Project Management (preferable)
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar supervisory or management position responsible for management of Contractors
- Business and customer focus are critical
- Computer skills are essential with Intermediate/Advanced skills in MS Excel.
How to Apply
Select the “Apply” button to submit your application. Please contact the IMS Head office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.