- Alcoa Refinery Locations, Western Australia
- Short term or Ongoing Assignments
- Register Expression of Interest
Alcoa of Australia are a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS has a long-standing relationship with Alcoa, having provided technical services for the last 10 years. Our teams are embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia.
Expressions of Interest are being sought from candidates who live and wish to work in the south of Perth region and who have substantial experience in contractor management involved in executing mechanical and other scopes of work for maintenance and capital works in a large industrial processing or mining environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
The role is responsible for the daily supervision and management of Contractors involved in executing scopes of work under their Work Pack portfolio ensuring they meet Alcoa standards and legislative requirements whilst maintaining compliance with EH&S, specifications, budget and schedule. The role assists Alcoa achieve minimisation of delays, the safe execution of works and compliance with REX planning processes. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to Operations Centres (OPCs) within the Refinery to ensure ‘job readiness’, provide contract management assistance to the OPC, and acting as the Alcoa Responsible Person for work commencement;
- Coordinate contractor responses to ‘unplanned’ activities to ensure minimal disruption and non-productive time;
- Monitor contractor performance, driving improvements in productivity;
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the Alcoa Safety Requirements and Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994;
- Verify any field delays and validate request for variation to scope of pricing;
- Management of maintenance budgets, including use of current Alcoa maintenance and procurement systems;
Skills & Experience
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- Cert IV in Frontline Management or Project Management
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Substantial experience in field based supervision and contractor management
- Safety verification and compliance
- Work productivity management
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from All: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
To learn more about working with us, please visit our website.
How to Apply
Please contact the IMS Head office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more, or select the “Apply” button to submit your application.