- Immediate Start
- Work-Life Balance: Monday to Friday
- Daily Commute
- Challenging and Autonomous Role
Alcoa of Australia are a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS has a long-standing relationship with Alcoa, having provided technical services for the last 10 years. Our teams are embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia.
Due to the promotion of the current incumbent, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Coordinator to join the Contractor Services team at Alcoa’s Kwinana Refinery. Reporting to the Contractor Services Superintendent, the Electrical Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and management of contractors involved in executing electrical and other scopes of work for maintenance and capital works at the Refinery. The successful candidate will help Alcoa achieve minimisation of delays, the safe execution of works and compliance with REX planning processes. The role is located at the Alcoa Kwinana Alumina Refinery.
Responsibilities & Duties
As the Electrical Coordinator you will be required to:
- Provide support to Operations Centres (OPCs) within the Kwinana Refinery to ensure ‘job readiness’, provide contract management assistance to the OPC, and acting as the Alcoa Responsible Person for work commencement;
- Coordinate contractor responses to ‘unplanned’ activities to ensure minimal disruption and non-productive time;
- Monitor contractor performance, driving improvements in productivity;
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the Alcoa Safety Requirements and Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994;
- Verify any field delays and validate request for variation to scope of pricing; Management of maintenance budgets, including use of current Alcoa maintenance and procurement systems;
- Liaise closely with the nominated Alcoa Electrical Supervisor / Statutory Duty Holder.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Grade Electrical Licence is essential (W.A.)
- HV Switching Certificate (preferred)
- Cert IV in Frontline Management (preferred)
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Safety verification and compliance
- Substantial field-based supervisor/superintendent roles and contractor management experience within the alumina or heavy industry.
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from All: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
To learn more about working with us, please visit our website.
How to Apply
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more, or select the “Apply” now to submit your application.