Alcoa of Australia are a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS Workforce (IMSW) provides technical services to Alcoa with our teams embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia. This role is a key member of Alcoa’s onsite electrical maintenance team at the Pinjarra and Kwinana Refinery.
We are currently seeking suitable candidates for the role of Electrical Coordinator who live and wish to work in the region south of Perth, and who have substantial experience in the management and supervision of contractors involved in executing electrical and other scopes of work for maintenance and capital works in a large industrial processing environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Electrical Coordinator is responsible for the following activities:
- Provide support to Operations Centres (OPCs) within the Refinery to ensure ‘job readiness’, provide contract management assistance to the OPC, and acting as the Alcoa Responsible Person for work commencement;
- Ensures contractor / contracted service providers EHS management implementation meet the intent of Alcoa’s EHS Policies and Procedures, in accordance with mandated standard 33.051 by monitoring, auditing and reporting.
- Coordinate contractor responses to ‘unplanned’ activities to ensure minimal disruption and non-productive time;
- Ensures workmanship is in accordance with the drawings and specification by monitoring, auditing and reporting on workmanship, and the Inspection and Testing Plan.
- Monitor contractor performance, driving improvements in productivity;
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the Alcoa Safety Requirements and Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994;
- Verify any field delays and validate request for variation to scope of pricing; Management of maintenance budgets, including use of current Alcoa maintenance and procurement systems;
- Controls extra work items within agreed budget and schedule;
- Liaise closely with the nominated Alcoa Electrical Supervisor / Statutory Duty Holder;
- Engaging in the process of implementing continuous improvement projects.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Grade Electrical Licence is essential
- Cert IV Instrumentation (desirable)
- HV Switching Certificate (desirable)
- Cert IV in Frontline Management (desirable)
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft, primarily Excel
- Safety verification and compliance
- Substantial field-based supervision and contractor management experience
- Work productivity management
Who We Are
Headquartered in Perth, IMS Workforce predominantly work with clients in the Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure and Heavy Industry sectors in Western Australia. Backed by Managed Workforce Group we also have capability to support projects Australia wide. Working with IMSW will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMSW team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMSW, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMSW provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, Indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
How to Apply
Please contact the IMSW Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more, or select the “Apply” now to submit your Expression of Interest for future roles.