- Alcoa Refinery Locations, Western Australia
- Flexibility required for short term Shutdown Works
- Register Expression of Interest
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure all entry conditions are acceptable at a confined space for authorising entry, for overseeing entry operations and for terminating entry if required in accordance with Alcoa Confined Space Entry procedure;
- Daily management of Confined Space Entry in accordance with the Alcoa Confined Space Entry process;
- Verify that the required tests, permits, procedures, equipment and rescue services are in place before authorising entry into a confined space;
- Conduct pre-entry briefings with entrants to review hazards, safe systems of work and entry procedure;
- Conducts the necessary follow up and inspection to ensure application and use of the permit system and protective equipment is correctly applied;
- Ensures problems encountered during entry operations are noted on the current permit so appropriate revisions to the future permit can be made;
- Acts as the Alcoa Responsible Person (ARP) in accordance with the Alcoa EHS policy and procedures, and ensures the works they are responsible for are performed in compliance with the Authority to Proceed process;
- Compliance management of contractors in Alcoa EH&S standards, procedures and workplace behaviours.
Skills & Experience
In order to thrive in this position, the following attributes are required:
- National Qualification RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces;
- Alcoa CSE Leader Training;
- Alcoa ARP Training;
- Greater than 3 years’ experience in a similar field or position;
- Experience in an Alumina or Heavy Industry;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing confined spaces;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Safety Verification and compliance;
- Business and customer focus are critical;
- Exposure and experience in contractor alliance relationships;
- Previous Alcoa experience is desirable.
How to Apply
To join the IMS Team, please click the “Apply” button.
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.