- Alcoa Refinery Locations, Western Australia
- Flexibility required for short term Shutdown Works
- Register Expression of Interest
Alcoa of Australia are a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS has a long-standing relationship with Alcoa, having provided technical services for the last 10 years. Our teams are embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure all entry conditions are acceptable at a confined space for authorising entry, for overseeing entry operations and for terminating entry if required in accordance with Alcoa Confined Space Entry procedure;
- Daily management of Confined Space Entry in accordance with the Alcoa Confined Space Entry process;
- Verify that the required tests, permits, procedures, equipment and rescue services are in place before authorising entry into a confined space;
- Conduct pre-entry briefings with entrants to review hazards, safe systems of work and entry procedure;
- Conducts the necessary follow up and inspection to ensure application and use of the permit system and protective equipment is correctly applied;
- Ensures problems encountered during entry operations are noted on the current permit so appropriate revisions to the future permit can be made;
- Acts as the Alcoa Responsible Person (ARP) in accordance with the Alcoa EHS policy and procedures, and ensures the works they are responsible for are performed in compliance with the Authority to Proceed process;
- Compliance management of contractors in Alcoa EH&S standards, procedures and workplace behaviours.
Skills & Experience
In order to thrive in this position, the following attributes are required:
- National Qualification RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces;
- Greater than 3 years’ experience in a similar field or position with experience in managing confined spaces;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Safety Verification and compliance;
- Previous Alcoa experience is desirable or experience in an Alumina or Heavy Industry;
- Availability to attend Alcoa CSE Leader Training and ARP Training
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from All: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
How to Apply
To join the IMS Team, please click the “Apply” button.
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.