The Larego Project is located within the Willowdale Mine site in the south west region of Western Australia. The Larego Project is part of the 10 year mine plan to develop the next mining region for Alcoa’s bauxite mine servicing the Wagerup Refinery.
The Project involves the design, construction and commissioning associated with the relocation of 750 tonne crushers, mining services, construction of ROM pad, installation of 8.5 km conveyor systems and construction of haul roads to extend the bauxite mining activities.
IMS has a requirement for an experienced Commissioning Manager to develop commissioning documentation and to manage and coordinate the commissioning and completions effort for the conveyor systems and crusher. The Commissioning Manager has overall accountability for the inspection, conformance and compliance testing and preparation of handover documentation to Operations for acceptance of assets installed by the Capital Projects program.
Responsibilities & Duties
Reporting to the Larego Project Manager and working within a team of existing IMS employees that includes the Construction Manager, Construction Coordinators (Civil/Mechanical/E&I) and safety personnel, the Commissioning Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Development of commissioning strategies and plans for the project
- Participate in establishing and implementing commissioning schedules
- Monitor and ensure work is completed in accordance with the Project Execution and HSE Management Plans
- Review Works Approval documentation and prepare reports / compliance certificates
- Execute the commissioning portion of project plans through detailed planning and day-to-day coordination of field activities including review of forecasting for resources, forecasting progress performance and trends and ensuring all permits are in place to allow commissioning to be completed
- Conduct final inspections on completed works and raise punchlist items
- Ensure hazards are identified and risks assessed for all commissioning work
- Verify compliance with Management of Change procedures
- Attend constructability and design reviews where practicable
- Test and ensure compliance to Statutory Requirements including development of remedial strategies with Project team and relevant authority in the event of non-compliance
- Ensure other items on Statutory Approvals checklist (Dangerous Goods Storage Approvals, Planning Approvals etc) have been completed prior to project completion
- Ensure effective and open communication with various stakeholders
- Ensure regular communication and liaison with the Project Manager and Construction Manager on site activities
Skills & Experience
In order to excel in this position, the following attributes are required:
- Substantial experience in an engineering field
- Greater than 10 years commissioning experience including materials handling equipment
- Excellent reporting and documentation capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in an Alumina, Mining or Heavy Industry preferable
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute, and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
How to Apply
To join the IMS Team, please click the “Apply” button.
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more about this role.