Alcoa of Australia is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products. IMS has a long-standing relationship with Alcoa, having provided technical services for the last 10 years. Our teams are embedded across all Alcoa operations in Western Australia.
Our Client is currently seeking an experienced Civil & Structural Maintenance Coordinator to join the Contractor Services team at the Alcoa Pinjarra Refinery. The role works with the Civil Infrastructure Maintenance Senior Project Team Leader who is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic infrastructure maintenance program, including budget preparation and submission, schedule planning, scope definition and documentation, procurement and contract award with service contractors.
The Civil & Structural Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the execution, planning, monitoring and coordination of civil infrastructure maintenance projects and the supervision and coordination of contractors involved in executing the various scopes of work.
Core Civil Asset Management areas of responsibility:
- Rail infrastructure maintenance
- Asbestos management
- Secondary containment and civil works including structural concrete, drainage, foundations, bunds, sumps, storm & sewer networks
- Thermal insulation and protective coatings
- Bitumen and road repairs
- Structural maintenance and repairs
- Cathodic protection systems
- Groundwater recovery systems
- Building maintenance
- Condition monitoring
Responsibilities & Duties
As the Civil Coordinator you are required to:
- Provide support to Operations Centres (OPC’s) within the Refinery to ensure ‘job readiness’, provide contract management assistance to the OPC, and acting as the Alcoa Responsible Person for work commencement;
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (nominated discipline) to provide advice to ensure contractor safety and productivity in associated contractor works;
- Coordinate contractor responses to ‘unplanned’ activities to ensure minimal disruption and non-productive time;
- Monitor Contractor performance, driving improvements in productivity;
- Monitor Contractor behaviours to ensure compliance with Alcoa safety requirements;
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the Alcoa Policies and Procedures and Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994;
- Verify any field delays and validate the request for variation to the scope of pricing;
- Management of maintenance budgets, including the use of current Alcoa maintenance and procurement systems.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant Trade
- 5-10 years experience in managing or supervising civil maintenance or construction projects
- Cert IV in Frontline Management (preferred)
- Advanced report writing and computer skills (Microsoft Excel – Intermediate/Advanced)
- Experience in maintenance systems
- Safety verification and compliance
- Work productivity management
- Experience with engineering standards and technical drawings
- Maintenance experience within the Alumina industry (preferred)
Who We Are
Integrated Managed Services (IMS) is a leading provider of specialist technical services to the mining and minerals processing, oil & gas, gold, chemicals and infrastructure industries. Our Clients extend internationally, with work in Saudi Arabia and India. Working with IMS will provide you with access to other high-performing members of the IMS team, mentoring opportunities and a Company that encourages development and cares about its People.
At IMS, we are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workforce. We believe that everyone has something to contribute and that our individual differences are our strength. IMS provides a talented workforce of diverse individuals, who are given opportunities to succeed within their chosen career.
We encourage applications from All: men and women of all ages, indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders and those who are differently-abled.
To learn more about working with us, please visit our website.
How to Apply
Please contact the IMS Head Office on (08) 6310 5888 to learn more, or select the “Apply” now to submit your application