Alcoa of Australia engaged IMS Workforce services for the provision of managing the expansion of the Oxalate Pond in the Residue Area at Alcoa’s Pinjarra Alumina Refinery.
The IMS Team in Capital Projects at Pinjarra delivered the project ahead of schedule, under budget and with zero incidents or dust events.
Key Project Statistics
- Bulk Earthworks included the removal of 1,296 m3 of topsoil in 4 days; 44,065 m3 of sand carted, placed and compacted in 13 days; 15,000 m2 of batters trimmed in 4 days;
- HDPE Liner – 10,300 m2 of liner deployed, welded including QA / QC in 8 days;
- 7,000 manhours worked.
IMS Construction Lead Dwain Briggs stated, “It was a great team effort by everyone involved including the Client representatives, the IMS Team, Contractor Charles Hull Contracting and engineering support from Jacobs Engineering. It was critical to deliver the project before the Christmas break and we managed to achieve that whilst maintaining a strong focus on safety, dust management and productivity.”
- Dwain Briggs – Construction Lead, responsible for scope development and cost estimate
- Bill Doy – EH&S Lead
- Peter Wright – Senior EHS Advisor, Dust Management Coordinator
- Tony Williams – Construction Coordinator
- Toby Fricker – Asset Owners Representative
November 2018 – 21 December 2018.