The Boddington Gold Mine (BGM) is located some 130 kilometres (80 miles) south east of Perth in Western Australia. BGM has had a presence in the region for more than 23 years.
In June 2006, Aker Kvaerner as part of the Aker Kvaerner Clough Murray Roberts JV acting as the EPCM on the BGM Expansion Project engaged Integrated Managed Services (IMS) to provide a team of health and safety professionals to the Project.
IMS provided personnel ranging from H&S Superintendent to Safety Advisor level for the duration of the Project. With prior experience working as a team and local market knowledge the IMS team was able to establish itself quickly during the project start-up phase.
IMS resources on the ground were supported by a range of ancillary services including training and learning and development.
The Project Safety Manager for Aker Kvaerner, stated that the Project had achieved a tremendous result in relation to its safety record over the period of some three years.
IMS Service Provision
• Provision of Strategic Industrial Relations and Consultancy
• Provision of Project HSE Superintendent and Project HSE Advisors
• Text BoxDelivery of Project Inductions, Supervisor Leadership Training, Verification of Competency Based Assessments, Tagging & Isolation Training and Introduction to Hazardous Materials
DurationJune 2006 – December 2009
The Boddington Goldmine Expansion Project was recognised within Aker Advantage as their best performing Project from a safety point of view world wide
- 14.5 million man hours had been recorded by the end of July 2009 with a TRIF of 4.08
- Hand injury prevention program implemented by the project demonstrated a remarkable turn around to what was an escalating trend in hand injuries
- The H&S Team were instrumental in the engagement of site employees in an initiative to focus on safety as the project drew to a close with the slogan Homeward Bound Safe & Sound